Airsoft Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.

Go down 
+2
one-shot-one-kill
tfletch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tfletch

tfletch

Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Empty
PostSubject: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:35 am

right, basically this is the method that i used to paint my bar10. The following example will be a type of desert digital, but it will be relatively simple to achieve the same result in ACU or Woodland etc.....
Right, the materials you will need:

Page from maths book or graph paper for more precision/knife or scissors/Paint(krylon is preferable, but they are quite hard to find now. Duracoat of Plasticoat are alternatives)
Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Picture-666
Cut out some templates. (you can use the same templates twice, but i find the bigger the rifle, the more templates are necessary) i usually use darker paints further into the process.
Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Picture-668
the darker the paint that you are using, the smaller the template.
Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Picture-670
second, spray the object a base colour. (sand for deset/green for woodland)
Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Picture-669
Let it dry for about 15mins. also be sure to shake the paint for a good two mins before use.

when you have a good base coat, take your larger templates and lay then over the object, and apply med brown.(once you have sprayed, you can also move them around to achieve more shapes. Again, give it 15mins.
Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Picture-671
Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Picture-672

Once it is dry, take your smaller templates and dark brown, and begin to spray make sure there is less of the darker colours on the object.
Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Picture-673

And your finished!
another thing you can do after the the paint has dried (i personally do this with every gun i spray) is spray a very light layer of brown over the whole thing. it make the pattern a bit less striking and tones it down a bit.
Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Picture-674

COLOUR GUIDE:
desert=sand or khaki/med brown/dark brown
woodland=olive green/sand/med brown/dark brown
grassland=green/sand

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS MY PERSONAL METHOD OF PAINTING. THERE ARE ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO DOING SO WHICH ARE EASY TO FIND ON GOOGLE.
however, i am open to questions, and i hope you find this useful.

EDIT: another thing i have found with krylon, is that if you wait for 5 or 10 mins, the paint has joined together, but not much to the rifle itself, so if you want a battered look on your gun with thowing it out your window several times, use you fingernails to tear off some of the paint. this makes it look like it has seen amny a skirmish!
Back to top Go down
one-shot-one-kill

one-shot-one-kill

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks mate im spraying my m4 tomorrow and will put up pics when done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amandla36

amandla36

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:36 am

I thought you were selling your M4?
Back to top Go down
one-shot-one-kill

one-shot-one-kill

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:46 am

i am Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
amandla36

amandla36

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:50 am

You do know giving it a paint scheme will probably lessen the number of people it will be of interest to right?
Back to top Go down
one-shot-one-kill

one-shot-one-kill

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:55 am

owell im not really desperate to sell it anyway
Back to top Go down
sniperiain

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:55 am

hoe do you think you could do a CADPAT cammo pettern?
Back to top Go down
OwNaGe
Admin
OwNaGe

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:58 am

sniperiain wrote:

Well cadpat is a form of digital camo but with a different colour scheme

http://www.canadiandesignresource.ca/officialgallery/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/CADPAT_canadian_design.jpg

Looks to me like the colours are :

light green
med green
dark green
and light brown
Back to top Go down
https://airsoft-tech.forumotion.com
amandla36

amandla36

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:58 am

sniperiain wrote:
CADPAT is basically the same as other pixelated patterns, but with different colours.
Back to top Go down
leeboi

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:32 am

im thinkin of doing this but in woodland what spray paint shall i use to tone it down abit

Last edited by leeboi on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tfletch

tfletch

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:24 am

a VERY LIGHT layer of med brown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.   Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to. Empty

Back to top Go down

Digital Paint jobs : A basic how-to.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Tech :: Tutorials-
Jump to: